krazykaigh krazykaigh is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venky62 View Post
Your question is not clear.
Are you using automatic numbering for the paragraphs, or are you manually typing I, II, III etc. at each place?
How often do you have to do this? If it is just once in a while, then may be simpler to do it manually.
Do you have to insert number only at one paragraph or many such places in between?
Your answers may help participants to help you.
I tried to upload a file but the size restrictions would not let me upload a one-page sample. So I will try to be more clear.

I am using a .DOTX (Word 2007 Template). It is a complete document with bookmarked locations throughout it.

There are already Numbered paragraphs (like bullets but numbers). The numbered paras separate from the text paragraphs, like this:
START SAMPLE:

This is the first paragraph.
II
This is the second paragraph.
Now this could be the third paragraph but in may not be numbered.
III
Then another paragraph.

END SAMPLE

Now everything is properly spaced in the real document. The numbers are autonumbered, so if I remove one, the others automatically change, appropriately.

I think it will be easier to add numbers to particular bookmarks to look like it is properly numbered , rather than trying to get .range.applydefaultnumber to change the numbers.

I have tried so many combos but either a paragraph gets a new number added to it, and then inserts a new paragraph with the next number or some other unexpected outcome.

And, there is really only one paragraph that would need the number added. If someone wants a special distribution on their will, the program adds that paragraph. Normally they don't, so it doesn't add that paragraph.

Have I made this any more clear?

Kaigh