Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
George[_2_] George[_2_] is offline

Default Page numbering question

Thanks Peter, for pointing me in the right direction. That "Different
First Page" setting in the Header & Footer area, and then beginning
with "0", did the trick. Before posting my help request I had looked
only in Insert Page Numbers, and of course that was not enough for
what I wanted to do.

Thanks again!

George

"Peter T. Daniels" wrote in message
Assuming it isn't all that different from later versions, get yourself
into the Header or Footer area and find the setting for "Different
First Page." You can then delete the page number from the first page
header or footer and under "Format Page Number" tell it to start over
on the second page with "1".
(Or you could set p. 1 to begin with "0" and then delete its page
number.)

On Monday, April 6, 2015 at 2:59:33 PM UTC-4, George wrote:
In Word 2002 how do you insert page numbers to begin on the second
page instead of the first page? I have a 9-page document that I
want
to number 1 thru 8 beginning with the second page, in other words,
the
first page should be unnumbered.

TIA,
George