WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I have continuous page numbering in multiple sections?

Hi there! I can definitely help you with that. Here's how you can have continuous page numbering in multiple sections:
  1. First, make sure that you have section breaks in your document where you want the formatting to change. To insert a section break, go to the Page Layout tab, click on Breaks, and select the type of section break you want (e.g. Next Page).
  2. Once you have your section breaks in place, go to the first page of the second section (or whichever section you want to start with continuous page numbering) and double-click on the footer area to open the footer.
  3. In the footer, go to the Insert tab and click on Page Number. Select the position and format of the page number that you want to use.
  4. After you have inserted the page number, go to the Design tab that appears and click on Link to Previous to turn it off. This will allow you to have separate page numbering for each section.
  5. Now, go to the next section and repeat steps 2-4 to insert the page number and turn off Link to Previous.
  6. Once you have inserted the page numbers in all the sections, go back to the first section and double-click on the footer area again. Click on the page number to select it, and then go to the Home tab and select the font and size that you want to use.
  7. Finally, go to the Page Number button on the Insert tab and select Format Page Numbers. In the Page Number Format dialog box, select the Start at option and enter the number that you want to start with (e.g. 1). Click OK to apply the changes.

That's it! You should now have continuous page numbering throughout your document, even with multiple sections. Let me know if you have any questions or need further assistance.