Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ellenjwp ellenjwp is offline

Default How can I unprotect a document in Word 2007 using the keyboard

Thank you - I was hoping it was just some crazy combination of keys but your
answer makes sense. He bought the computer right around the first of the year
and it's now 60 days later....and yes, he will definitely buy discs rather
than a download version.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

The version of Office 2007 on the laptop is undoubtedly a trial version. The
trial has now expired. It's time to buy the software. May I suggest that he
buys a retail version (so he gets the discs) rather than pay on line to
re-activate the installed version.

ellenjwp wrote:
My exchange student purchased a Sony laptop with Office 2007
installed. Somehow he locked Word so he can no longer edit any of his
existing documents and each time he opens a blank document, it has
the same protection already in place. HELP! The ribbon is unavailable
because it is completely grayed out. I am guessing he pressed a
combination of keys to do this but have no idea what it is...