Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Vanessa L Crawford Vanessa L Crawford is offline

Default Styles updating Word 2007

Hi - I hope you can help because I am being driven crazy by word 2007!

I have a very large document and have used styles throughout, having used
them sucessfully for years in 2002.

I have created styles that are not based on other styles and do not update
automatically. The trouble is they are updating, eg if I have a style called
Bullet1, I may in part of my document take some lines that are 'Bullet1' and
change the alignment. Word on some occasions changes all my 'Bullet1' text to
the new alignment - which I don't want it to do.

To get round this I decided to try removing styles from any text that was
non-standard, that worked! However as soon as I give the text a bullet Word
then gives it my style name 'Bullet1' so I'm back to square one.

I really hope someone can help! This document is being issued externally and
at the moment it will just keep changing on people.

Thanks!
Vanessa