Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Greg[_4_] Greg[_4_] is offline

Default Changing default full-column table width in Word 2007

Thanks for the try, anyway.

(I thought it would be an option because the usual definition of
"margin" is that everything is inside it. I guess nobody uses tables
with left/right borders.)

Greg

PamC via OfficeKB.com wrote:
What I have done to fix "oversize" tables is change the table width to, say,
98%. If I had to do it often, I would make a macro to change all of the
full-width tables in a document to that percentage. But I only have a couple
customers a year who insist that table be wholly inside the margins.

PamC

Doug Robbins - Word MVP wrote:
It's as close to what is wanted as you can get.

Not satisfactory for a table with borders, which is what's under
discussion.

[quoted text clipped - 12 lines]
I guess nobody knows a solution.

--