Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Change date format for Comments and display date in balloons

The one thing you have not mentioned here is your short date format. On the
Date tab of Control Panel | Regional Options, what is entered for "Short
date format"?

"Melissa" wrote in message
Hi Cindy,
I am using Windows XP Professional and Word 2003.
This is what I've done since your post:
1. Regional Settings in Control Panel: Standards and Formats = English

(UK)
2. Location = UK
3. Languages tab Details button: Default input language = English (UK)
4. Clicked OK to go back to previous window - Advanced tab: Language for
non-Unicode programs = English (UK)

I changed everything I see to UK. I even restarted my PC. When I

launched
my doc, the comments are still displayed in mm/dd/yyyy. I even created a

new
document to test and the results are mm/dd/yyyy.

What else can I do? WHat info can I provide?

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?TWVsaXNzYQ==?=,

Are you saying that you use UK too and the date displayed for your

Comments
are dd/mm/yyyy?
I'm just wondering if mm/dd/yyyy is the default used by Microsoft and

that
can't be changed...

FWIW, I have my system set with UK at in BOTH halves of this dialog box
(language AND location). The comments on my machine (Office 2003, SP1 &

WinXP
SP1) all display dd/mm/yyyy.

I don't see which version of Word you have in any of the messages in

this
thread? (It would have to be 2002 or 2003...)

I note, as well, that it makes no difference with which language the

text is
formatted. I believe this is controlled at the Windows level.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

or