Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Creating stationery with header/footer on first page but blaank pages thereafter....Word 2007

It is only the dialogs that differ in the earlier versions. The procedures
involved are the same.
In Word 2007, if you insert a header, you can set a different first page
option from the design tab which then opens as a consequence of being in the
header view.

Dr. Geoff Smith wrote:
Thanks Bob:

Unfortunately that information applies, mainly, to Word versions
earlier than 2007. I have looked at the information, but it does not
help.

I know this is a very simple task for an MVP...but it's a nightmare
for this newbie.

Geoff Smith

On Sat, 09 Aug 2008 21:30:34 -0400, CyberTaz
wrote:

See the information here - especially the topic "Letterhead for a
multi-page letter":

http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 8/9/08 7:57 PM, in article
, "Dr. Geoff Smith"
wrote:

Is there a way to create stationery so that the first page, and only
the first page, has a header and footer on it. All subsequent pages
should be blank.

I can create the first page with the header and footer, but when I
am typing a letter on it (opened as a new document) as soon as I
get to a point just above the footer, a new page opens with the
header and footer on it. The header and footer from the first page
have disappeared. It makes no difference if I check the "Different
first page" box, either.

This is Word 2007.

Thanks for any constructive help.