If you have Acrobat 7 installed, see the last section of
http://www.gmayor.com/lose_that_adob...at_toolbar.htm

"caleb" wrote in message
news
I'm running Word 2003 and trying to create a macro and put the button on

the
toolbar.

I used the "record macro" feature to make a very simple macro.

Then I tried to put the macro on the toolbar and make it accessible using

button. I used the Tools/customize/clicked on commands button and found
MACRO/then dragged the macro I'd created up to the toolbar. While this

window
was still open, I right clicked on the macro (while it's on the toolbar I
mean) and selected "default style" then I right clicked on it again and
clicked "change button image" and selected the face I want. Then I closed

the
customize window.

But when I close Word, and then re-open word, the macro button is no

longer
on the toolbar.

I thought it might be because I'd assigned the macro only to the blank
document I had open, but the HELP section said it defaults to the

normal.dot
location. I did another simple macro to verify and it does indeed. In

"store
macro in" block it defaults to "All Documents (Normal.dot)". So I've
eliminated that possiblity.

Does anybody have any ideas as to why the button won't remain on the

toolbar?