Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Rationale for Word 2007/Word 2010 Style Set

I'd sure like to know where they got the idea that the excess line
spacing makes the text "easier to read" -- and also why they picked a
font that they think is "optimized for monitor display" -- especially
now that there are so many different kinds of displays in use --
rather than best for print on paper.

On May 17, 12:48*pm, "Yves Dhondt" wrote:
Where do you get the idea that "enough people are dissatisfied with it"?
Especially if you end your message with "and I suspect I'm not alone."

Anyway, checkhttp://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word/HA102310271033.aspxfor
an explaination.

I'm impartial towards the line height but I am a huge fan of the addition of
whitespace at the end of a paragraph. People just pressed enter too many
times creating empty paragraphs all over the place and making automation
always a tad more difficult.

Yves

"Arlene" wrote in message

Can someone explain why Microsoft opted to change the default style set in
Word 2007 and now in Word 2010 to include mutliple line spacing at 1.15
between lines and 10-pt. spacing after paragraphs? Evidently, enough
people
are dissatisfied with it that they also opted to continue the Word 2003
Style
Set as a style option. I greatly dislike the 2007/2010 Style Set and I
suspect I'm not alone.

Thanks in advance for any input.-