Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Paul MR

Default Solved Alphabetizing index - apostrophe problem

YES! Using smart quotes in the XE fields did work. Thank you. I'm glad
this got fixed before I proceeded too far in the document.

I had turned off smart quotes intentionally, because my text has many
words that begin with an apostrophe ('twas, 'tis, 'cause, etc.) and the
smart quotes were displaying the apostrophe upside down -- i.e. as an
opening single quotation mark. Now I have smart quotes turned back on
for the remainder of the document.

Paul in San Francisco

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
I was referring to sorting in tables and paragraphs, not indexes. Does your
index sort correctly if you use smart quotes in the XE fields?