Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
marysully marysully is offline

Default Recovering Documents

Go to the pc you created the document on and see if it is listed in "My
Recent Documents" list. If you find it there and it is on your hard drive, it
should open from that location. Another idea is to do a "Search," on your pc
for the document. Click Start, Search, all Files & Folders, put in the file
name or part of the file name and run the search. Good luck, hope you find it!

"carlyx9" wrote:

Yesterday, I wrote a 5 page AP English paper that was due today. I made sure
I kept saving it, and then I attached it to an email to myself when I was
done. It was due today, and in school, when I went to open it, it had not
saved. My teacher did not believe me. I looked in the Auto-Recovery file and
I don't know where it is. The computer has not been turned off since then.
How do I recover it?