Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
eb eb is offline

Default tabs disconnected from bullets

The tab key has ceased working in two ways: 1) It does not advance to the
next level bullet when I am typing a bulleted list. It just tabs over and
keeps the bullet in the same spot. Resetting the tab spaces in the bullets &
numbers menu does not fix this problem. 2) Shift+tab does not move my
cursor backwards - instead it just moves it forward another tab space. (in
effect, the tab and shift+tab are no longer doing what the "increase indent"
and "decrease indent" buttons do. This has happened to me a couple other
times and I can't for the life of me figure out what I did or what setting to
fix. I've even tried going back to default settings to no avail. This
seems like it would be a simple problem to solve, but alas, the only way I
have been able to fix this is reinstalling the software. Help!