Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JERRY[_2_] JERRY[_2_] is offline

Default Screen view 100%

Beth
Disabling the Adobe Add in (on) did the trick. I am not sure what long term
effect that will have on Adobe. However, the same add on (in) was creating
another error when trying to access certain web sites. It seems that every
thing was cleared up however after I loaded internet explorer and disable
the Adobe Add in (on)

Thanks for your help. FullScreenView macro is now working

Jerry

"Beth Melton" wrote in message
It sounds like the changes your Normal template aren't being saved when
you exit Word. Any changes you make are saved at that time unless to
manually save your Normal template. Quick Access Toolbar customizations,
btw, aren't stored in your Normal template which is why the button is
still there but the macro is missing.

Try creating the macro again (you should be pretty good at this by now!
;-) ) BUT before you exit the Visual Basic Editor, click the Save button
in order to manually save your Normal template and not depend it being
saved automatically when you exit Word.

Now, why it isn't being saved is the primary problem. Do you have the
Adobe Add-in installed? If you do then this add-in is known for discarding
changes you make to your Normal template when you exit Word and that's
likely the cause. If you need help disabling the add-in just let us know.
If you don't have the Adobe add-in then let us know that too because
something else is preventing the changes from being saved.

Also, since the macro is in your Normal template you shouldn't need to
alter your macro security since it's considered a trusted template. That
being the case, you may want to change your macro security back. Usually
if you use macros then the recommended setting is "Disable all macros with
notification.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"JERRY" JERRY@HOME wrote in message
Beth
I successfuly run the macro and then exit MS Word. When I start it up
again I get the message that the macro cannot be found or has been
disabled because of macro security settings. My settings are "enable all
macros." I have run your suggested setup twice now. Each time the macro
works ... only until such time as I exit MS Word and then start it up
again. Then I get the error when I try running the macro. This had to be
too easy (smile)

Jerry

"Beth Melton" wrote in message
Great to hear! I'm glad you found the steps easy and the solution was
what you were looking for. Thanks for letting us know. :-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"JERRY" JERRY@HOME wrote in message
Well, I just couldn't wait until the weekend, especially since the way
you described it seem so straight forward. Excellent, Beth. Easy,
because your instructions were precise and I followed them to the
detail. Being new to MS Word, you momentarily thru me with your "QAT",
but after pause. I figured it out. The macro worked and it was what I
was looking for. Thank you again.

Jerry

"Beth Melton" wrote in message
You're welcome. It should be pretty easy, a few button clicks and copy
paste. Once you create the macro and try it out, let us know if that's
what you were looking for. :-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"JERRY" JERRY@HOME wrote in message
Thanks Beth
I'll give it a try over the weekend and the end of my normal
workweek. Can't afford the time until then, but am anxious to give
macros a try in Word.
With appreciation
Jerry

"Beth Melton" wrote in message
Well then why didn't you ask? ;-)

To use the macro follow these steps:
- In Word, click the Microsoft Office Button and then click Word
- In the Popular section, turn on Show Developer tab in the Ribbon
- Click OK to close Word Options and apply the change
- On the Developer tab, click Macros
- In the Macro Name text box, type FullScreenView (no spaces
allowed)
- Make sure the Macros In list reflects "Normal.dotm (global
template)"
- Click Create
- Copy the lines from below:

With ActiveWindow
.View.FullScreen = True
.View.Zoom.PageFit = wdPageFitTextFit
End With

- Paste the copied lines between Sub FullScreenView and End Sub
- From the File menu, click Close and Return to Microsoft Office
Word

To add the macro to your Quick Access Toolbar:
- Click the More button (down pointing arrow) at the end of your QAT
and then click More Commands
- From the "Choose commands from" list, select macros
- Select the macro, FullScreenView and click Add to add it to your
QAT
- Use the Modify command to modify the icon and ScreenTip, if
desired.
- Click OK to close Word Options
- Try the macro.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"JERRY" JERRY@HOME wrote in message
I am ashamed to admit that I did not. Have worked with Word Perfect
for over 20 years and am tying to convert to Word. Never was much
good with macros in WP. I figured it would take a rocket scientist
to do this one ... or at least a little more help from someone in
this group. (smile)
Jerry

"Beth Melton" wrote in message
I suspect you didn't try my macro method. :-)