Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Rich/rerat Rich/rerat is offline

Default How do I get read & delivery receipts for an Email merge?

Sooz,
Remember that many individuals have their mail application set to not accept
"Read Receipt" requests, in addition, some ISP/Mail services also block
these requests. So the only thing that you can do, is to put in the body of
the letter/message, a request to send a reply, notifying you that they have
received and read your letter/message.

Rich/rerat
(RRR News) message rule
Previous Text Snipped to Save Bandwidth When Appropriate

"Sooz" wrote in message
news I have created a Word (2003) document and sent it via Outlook (2003) using
the mail merge function. The emails were sent successfully as far as I
know,
however, to be sure they were sent and read, I checked the boxes for read
and
delivery receipt in the Tools/Option within my email document . I did not
receive any delivery or read receipts. Is there something else I should do?