Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default Save option on close

The macro is simply

Sub CloseWithoutSave()
ActiveDocument.Close wdDoNotSaveChanges
Application.Quit
End Sub

which you can assign to a keyboard shortcut or a button.

But don't come whining that you closed a document without saving and now you
want it back -- there won't be anything to recover!

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

terilad wrote:
Hi,

Can someone help me to stop the pop up box if a document has changed
and you hit close it appears with a message box do you want to save
changes, I am looking to stop this pop up, is there a macro to stop
this from happening so the document just closes without asking to
save.

Many thanks

Mark