Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default word error

If the method suggested in the post to which you responded does not work,
then it appears the restoration was unsuccessful.

capser717 wrote:
i restored some documents that were deleted and i am getting junk on
the screen lots of 000ss. Also it says i need a converter

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

In the Open dialog, set the file type to "Recover text from any
file".

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Ravikumar" raavikumaar wrote in message
I was working on a word doc
unfortunately the doc got corrupted while creating table of
contents and i do not have a back up.
The document was 20 pages , now the recovered document shows
garbled text @X&^# .... and shows it has over 500 pages. with some
garbled text at top of
each document. The file cannot be converted also

This is a important document

How does one recover the text file
--
Ravikumar

This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to
the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion,
click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see
the button, follow this
link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader
and then click "I Agree" in the message pane.