Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default Copy Table with Fields

To update the fields in the selection, press F9. (To select all text in a
document, you can press Ctrl+A.)

Note that normally page number fields would go into the header or footer, in
which case they will update automatically on repagination.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"E.Q." wrote in message
I need to know how to copy a table to create a new table with the proper
fields and numbers.
We have a word file with a table being used for job safety analysis. One
cell in the table is Page: Page x of y with the understanding that we'd
change the numbers as appropriate.
I know enough about Word to turn those into fields and I'd like to set up
template of sorts for my coworkers to be able to create their own files
with
fields as well.
The problem I have is that I don't know how to copy a table without having
to reset the fields. (For example, when I copy a table from page 2 to page
3
the cell still reads "Page 2 of 2" until I get into "Edit Field..."
dialoge
box.)
Also, the new table numbering needs to be reset back to start at 1 each
time. This numbering is in the left-most column.