Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Keith R Keith R is offline

Default Another newbie question- W2003 smart quotes (first quote at bottom)

I just opened a document from someone else, and am typing edits.

I don't know if it is one of my settings, or something that came in the
document, but when I try to put in a quote, instead of
"my quote"

I get

"my quote"

with the first quote dropping to a subscript-type position. I looked in
options, and smartquotes is turned on, but I can't find where the setting is
for the position of the first quote. My default language is set to US
English

Any ideas?

Many thanks,
Keith