Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default How do I stop character replacement?

Three possibilities immediately spring to mind

1. It really is the keyboard mapping - check Windows Regional settings to
ensure you are using the correct keyboard pattern for your keyboard.
2. You have activated an autocorrect option in Word
3. You are using some obscure font.

B.Jones wrote:
Whenever I try to type certain characters (such as "?"), Microsoft
Word automatically places different onces (such as "É") in their
place instead. Closing and re-opening the program doesn't seem to
make it go away; it only started happening today. The problem only
persists when typing in Microsoft Word and no other programs so I
don't think it's my PC's universal keyboard settings.

Did I activate some sort of hidden Microsoft Word keymap replacement
macro, or something of the like? How do I revert it so I can type
typical characters normally like before?