Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Concerning Current Date Changes On Past Documents

The date that you created the specific fax (rather than the date of the
document you based it on) will be the CreateDate for that document. As
Jezebel points out, however, none of this can be expected to hold up in
court.

"smartasien" wrote in message
I have these saved faxes that I need as evidence for a court case. The
current day's date changes the original date on these faxes. I looked up

how
to change it to the original date. But my concern is if the "original

date"
is the day the document was created or the date that I inputed last. What

want is the date I typed in the last time I used the file. I'm concerned

that
I will get the date the file was created because I sometimes don't use my
blank main template. I save all my faxes as separate files and I sometimes
use these separate files as the template instead of the blank main

template
that I should use. Don't ask me why I don't use the main template. So to
summarize: what I'm afraid of is the date that shows up is the date of the
creation of the document instead of the date I typed in when I last used

the
document. Which is it? I hope I am understandable. Any insight would be

most
appreciated! Thanks!