Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Robert McN Robert McN is offline

Default Getting table to break in mid-row

Thanks for your reply Stefan. I checked and neither of these are factors.
The Keep with next is not checked nor is the row height specified.
However, your idea gave me another, and I added the requirement, "keep with
next," in the first few lines and that forced the following to stay with the
previous. The only problem I see is that this is a kind of template that
applies to many different reports and the width of the rows vary from report
to report. So I may have to be constantly checking and manually inserting
where the lines should or should not stay together.
There has been some progress.
Thanks,
Bob

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Make sure that no row has the "Keep with next" option selected (in
Format | Paragraph) and that no row has an exact height (in Table |
Table Properties, Row tab).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Robert McN" wrote in message
I am working on document that ought to only be two pages, but it

always
prints as three because, the text in one row is quite voluminous. In

the
table option, I have check the box for "allow row to break across

pages," but
despite this, on page 1, there are two skinny rows and then a huge

blank gap
on the page, page 2 is completely full, and page three has a little

text in
one or two skinny rows. Can I force the table to break in mid-row

and fully
use the entire sheet of paper, thereby turning a 3 page document

into a 2
page one? Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.
Bob