Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Beach Lover Beach Lover is offline

Default Date in Excel merges in number format (3/9/07 instead of March

Thanks. I actually found a way to resolve the problem while in Excel.
Create a new column and use the formula: =TEXT(B2, "mmmm dd, yyyy")

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

See "Formatting Word fields with switches" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's
website at

Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Beach Lover" wrote in message
I have an Excel spreadsheet that has a column formatted as DATE with the
FORMAT being March 9, 2007 and it shows up correctly in the spreadsheet,
but
when merged the date shows up as 3/9/07. How can I correct this so it
merges
as March 9, 2007?