Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Custom Styles and Macros have vanished

These would have been stored in Normal.dotm--unless you specified a
different template when you created the custom styles and macros. Did you
delete or rename that file? Are you (perhaps) starting Word either using the
/a switch or in Safe mode? Either of those would suppress Normal.dotm from
being opened.

If you stored the macros and styles in a different template (or in a
document), then they would show up only when editing a document based on
that template (or when editing that document).

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Gregory Leck" wrote in message
Word 2007

I haven't done anything -- to my knowledge -- that would have caused this.
It's as if Word was uninstalled and then subsequently reinstalled, or the
settings set to some default.

I had a few custome Styles that appeared in the ribbon. Moreover, I had a
few Macros that I had recorded, the whole of which were visible when I
clicked the "Delevoper" tab and then clicked on the Macro button. All gone.

If anybody could point me in right direction, it would be much appreciated.