Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Tom Ferguson Tom Ferguson is offline

Default auto sizing of fractions

Others have given information or links on how to achieve fractions in
your documents.
Some methods work better than others. For a consistent look-and-feel to
the page, it is usually best to create all fractions using the same
method.

Some find it useful to create such fractions using a special-purpose
symbol font such as New Century Schoolbook Fraction. There are others.

http://www.paratype.com/fstore/fonts...Schoolbook.htm

Tom
MSMVP
Windows Shell/User

"Britcannuck" wrote in message
I am creating a docment in Word 2000 using tables. ( I am making a
price list
for products with fractional dimensions) When I type 1 1/2 or 1 1/4 or
1 3/4
the fraction shrinks to a more presentably size as soon as I touch the
space
bar. However this does not happen with 3/8, 7/8, or 7/16 -why
One guy office and no one to ask!