Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
maw via OfficeKB.com maw via OfficeKB.com is offline

Default Odd symbols

Hello all,

I have 2 documents and both have recently developed some strange symbols. One
has a symbol which resembles a large capital I in bold at the beginning of
one particular paragraph of text. The other has brackets in bold [XXXXX]
around certain paragraphs.

I am working in print view and am not showing page layout symbols. A couple
of other people have opened the document that has the bold I but the other
with the brackets has only been worked on by me.

Luckily the symbols do not appear on printed versions or print preview but I
am curious as to what they are - any ideas?

Many thanks

Mark