Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Joe Palazzo Joe Palazzo is offline

Default tabs to line up with ruler

Stephan, thanks -- the Alt key is a good solution. However, I don't
understand why I can't place a tab exactly on a ruler increment. I have the
the tab stops set on the ruler increments via the Tabs dialog box as
suggested and still the tabs snaps to a position in between the ruler
increments.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

The increments are determined by the settings for the document grid. When
dragging the tab stop on the ruler, you can hold the Alt key to override the
grid. Alternatively, set the tab stops via the Tabs dialog box instead.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Joe Palazzo" wrote in message
I can't seem to set a tab precisely on a ruler marker at 1", 2", 3", 4",
5",
6" even though I have the default tab stops set on the ruler markers at
each
inch. The tabs default to a spot in between the ruler markers rather than
precisely on the ruler markers.