Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default "Opening this document will run the following SQL command" promptproblem

1. Which version of Word?

2. What is the data source?

3. Just as a guess, have you tried disconnecting your template from the
data source as a separate step before connecting to the data source you
want? (Word can do something unexpected if you don't)

4. Just in case there is a misunderstanding, changing the data source in
the /template/ won't change the data source in documents that have
already been created from the template - the template and the document
have separate connections to the data source (which may cause other
problems in some cases)

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

BradH wrote:
Hi,
we have a mail merge template setup that when opened will show the
prompt "Opening this document will run the following SQL command:", and
then when "Yes" is clicked will import the data source for the merge.

We now need to change the name of the data source that it imports, so
I've tried opening the template, changing the data source and then
saving as a template again. But whenever I do this the SQL prompt that
should come up when it's opened no longer appears, and the data source
is no longer imported automatically.

Can someone suggest how I can change the data source correctly without
losing the SQL prompt when the template is opened?

Thanks.