Keep in mind also that having the same printer selected doesn't guarantee
that you're using the same driver. If the two computers have different
operating systems, you can be pretty sure that the drivers will be
different. Recent versions of Word by default don't use printer metrics to
lay out documents (Tools | Options | Compatibility) so they are less
printer-dependent, but there can still be some variation; this is
exacerbated by manual page breaks.

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
Hi Dave,

No, as far as I'm aware that's usually the only factor.

Comparing the two versions of the document, is there a difference in
hyphenation? If the work version hyphenates but the home one doesn't, that
could change the line breaks.

If that isn't it, you could try fudging the character spacing in the lines
that break wrong (select text, Format Font Character Spacing, set
spacing to Condensed by 0.5 pt or so) to bring them back to the right
length. Other suggestions are at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/FitCopy.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

skoiboy - giganews wrote:
Thanks for the quick reply. The document makes sense, but I
installed the printer drivers from my office and made the printer the
default but the formatting hasn't changed. Am I missing something?

Thanks again,
Dave

"Jay Freedman" wrote in
news:eL5S2LM9EHA.2180 @TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl: