Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default Stop a form doc from opening in design mode

Michel wrote:
When I create a form, exit design mode, save the doc and close it, it
always opens in design mode and others can't exit design mode w/out
unprotecting the doc. I do not want the document to open in design
mode.

That happens when you use things from the Control Toolbox in your form
(http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...fice.10).aspx). Those
controls trigger the macro security mechanism, which disables the controls
and opens design mode.

The best resolution is to remove all the Control Toolbox objects from the
form, replacing them with similar items from the Forms toolbar. If you used
option buttons, you'll have to replace them with dropdown form fields. When
you've redesigned the form, use Tools Protect Document and protect it for
forms to activate the fields. See
http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=22 for a tutorial on
forms.

--