Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default AVERY Business cards printing error

Also check that you have no header/footer in the normal template and that
there is no scaling option set in the 'zoom' section of the Print dialog.

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
Try printing on plain paper. If the cards are properly aligned, then
the problem is with the printer's paper feed mechanism (which can't
handle the cards). If the problem is still evident with the plain
paper, then check to make sure that the paper size is set correctly
(Letter or A4) and that the label definition is the correct one for
that size paper.

wrote in message
I have unwillingly been provided with AVERY business card stock and
told to print business cards.

However, same thing that happens with every AVERY product I try to
use it prints wrong. Every row of business cards is closer to the
previous row then the last. The separation between rows shrinks with
every row. So I end up with one row of cards where its aligned
properly with the top of the card and 4 rows of cards where the
first line is cut off by ever greater amounts by the top of card.

I've tried googling the problem but every search is dominated by 'buy
my crap' links for the whole first 10 pages.

Anyone ever been able to fix this problem?