Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans

Default replacing period-space with period-space-space

I would search for period, space, (not space) - and replace it with period,
space, space, whatever the (not space) was. To do this:

Find . ([! ]) - that's period, space, left parenthesis, left bracket,
exclamation mark, space, right bracket, right parenthesis

Replace . \1 - that's period, space, space, backslash, one

Check Use Wildcards
Hit Replace All

You can record code for it if you want.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"BorisS" wrote in message
news
I need to do a find and replace on all single spaces after periods, and
replace with two spaces. The problem, of course, is that if I do just a
straight period-space conversion, I will include the places that already
have
a period and two spaces after them (with the find just ignoring the second
space in its search).

How can I indicate that I only want it to find periods with a space and

some
character after the space, as the find criteria? And then also

importantly,
how do I tell it to replace the period-space with period-two space, and

then
leave the character untouched?

Thanks.
--