Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
marysully marysully is offline

Default how do I type a vertical fraction?

Please ignore my previous post. You have to use the Equation Editor. Go to
Insert, Object, Microsoft Equation, click on Fractions and Radical templates
on the toolbar to create the vertical fraction.

"marysully" wrote:

Go to Tools-AutoCorrect Options-AutoFormat, under Replace, check box to
change fraction from 1 / 2 to ½.

"Judy_Joned" wrote:

I want to just use Word and need to know how to type a fraction vertically -
not use the slash. How to I get the fraction to look like one printed in a
math book - with the division bar going horizontally and the other operation
signs being in proper proportion?