Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Daiya Mitchell

Default Headers and Footers in Main Body with Table Breaks

Hi Sanket,

If it is not possible to do it, I might as well not attempt it. But somehow
I feel that my task is not going against the word pagination but just about
cut-paste text from header and footer and about table breaks and page breaks
at right locations.

The problem is, the right location is likely to change every time you switch
printers, especially if a table ever gets edited. Page breaks in Word do not
stay in place.

Rather, you might try messing with your SAS program that generates the files
to see if it can export the text differently.

For instance, if the title of the table were exported as the first row of
the table (instead of as a header), you might then be able to set that first
row as a heading row to repeat on every page in Word, which should serve the
purpose of showing the table title on every page.

It's unclear to me whether the stuff at the bottom is footers or footnotes.
Table footnotes should not be in a footer at all, but are usually at the
bottom of the table. If the table footnotes are acting like a map legend,
and need to be on every page, maybe try exporting them along with the title
into the first row.

Then you would just be able to merge the text documents programmatically.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/