Graham Mayor

If it doesn't, see where what you are doing differs from

Peter Pattengill wrote:
Yes, the next record does appear and while I haven't performed the
mm to a new document or directly to the printer, I'll try that.
Thanks and I'll let you know if it works.

1. In the ail merge main document, there should be a { NEXT } (i.e.
Next Record ) field at the beginning of each label except the
first

2. You need to perform the merge, either directly to the printer or
to an output document. (see the last couple of panes in the Mail
Merge Wizard). Just using File|Print or the Print toolbar button is
not enough.

Peter Jamieson
"Peter Pattengill" wrote in message
When I do a mail merge in Word 2003 with an Excel file, the merge
happens, yet whrn I try to print, a 98 person database becomes 98
pages of mailing lables. First sheet prints ok. Second sheet
drops first name from first sheet, moves second name from first
sheet to first name on second sheet, third sheet drops first 2
names and moves third name to first position on third sheet. This
continues until the very end. I am going crazy. Happens
on work machine as well as home machine with different files. Am I
missing
something??
--
Peter Pattengill