Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
darcyrmt darcyrmt is offline

Default Difference in how Word saves files?

Hi Terry, thanks for your help. I couldn't tell you if I have Fast Saves
enabled.. when I took a .docx file newly created and saved it as .doc, it did
not take on a large size (65MB), it stayed at the small 2MB size. If the
pictures are saved at 96dpi, this will affect the picture quality when it's
time to print, correct? I need them to be high resolution, is there a way to
bypass this compression? i understand memory size increases, but I'll take
that for the high quality graphics. Sorry for the newbie question, but where
would I check to find out these configurations? (should have mentioned,
running Vista)