Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Default Macros missing after upgrade to Office 2007

Hi ?B?amFucHJpY2g=?=,

The IT department at work came in and upgraded my Office to 2007 without me
being there. Now I can't find my macros. There are none located on the
normal.dot template. Do I have to try to recreate them? Or was there
something I should have done to save them before the upgrade (I have a copy
of my word docs on another computer so still have access to the Office 2003
version).

Possibly, Normal.dot got lost during the upgrade. But one generated by Word
2007 should be named Normal.dotm. Do you find more than one Normal.dot (with
or without m) on your machine?

Which version of Windows are you using (and did they upgrad that at the same
time)?

You should be able to copy Normal.dot from the other machine to the
current one, but first we should find out where things stand.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org