Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
macropod macropod is offline

Default Time format in Mail Merge field

Hi Doug,

Mostly I think you'll find they're just called braces.

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote in message ...
Thanks, Dawn.

I have been looking for a name to call { } and Googling for French Brace
does turn a few (only a few mind you) hits that support the use of that
term.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Dawn Crosier, Word MVP" wrote in message
Insert it after the second quote mark in your field, and before the
closing French brace.

See also http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/index.htm for further
clarification

--
Dawn Crosier
Microsoft MVP

"Look2TheSky2" wrote in message
:

I am merging data from an Excel worksheet into a Word document. Although
the
time data in Excel is formatted as h:mm AM/PM, the same time presented in
the
merged document appears as h:mm:ss AM/PM.

I think I need to use a switch in the merged field to reformat it to the
preferred h:mm AM/PM.

On the merge document, the field looks like this (after alt-f9) ....
{MERGEFIELD "Start_Time"}.

I do not know how or where to insert the switch (\@ "h:mm AM/PM)??

Thanks in advance for your help. A simple problem, but one I am
struggling
with.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
9/26/2007 12:12 PM