Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Vertical ruler reacts oddly to dragging tabs and margins

To some extent it depends on the grid interval you have set (in the Draw |
Grid dialog), but the fact is that recent versions of Word just don't set
tabs very precisely.

"danhattan" wrote in message
Thank you. That's a very useful function, though I still wonder why Word
wants to default to a location .02" off from where it logically should.

But,
now it no longer matters. Thanks again.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You can set measurements exactly by pressing Alt as you drag. Or you can
enter settings in the Tabs dialog.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"danhattan" wrote in message
When I drag the margin handles or the tab stops on the horizontal

ruler,
they
want to stop .02 inches from where they normally should. For instance,

at
.52" rather than .5". No amount of gentle tugging will get them to

stop on
an
even measurement, so I have to use the Format menu to get 'em to .5".

Anyone know why this happens. This is Word 2003 SP 1.