Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
grover

Default Mailmerge asks for table whne setting up lables....

Sorry for typo's - it's early

On Sun, 23 Apr 2006 09:58:46 -0400, grover wrote:

After a crash, I loaded Word 2003.

I do a yearly mailing, with the data contained in an Excel workbook. I
used to be able to set up the lable, pint to the data source
spreadsheet, and get a form where I could select, for different
fields, equal to, or blank, or non blank, etc.

Now, when I "get data" from the spreadsheed, it asks me to select a
"table", and gives me choices - such as alpha$, etc. - none of which
connect to my desired data......

What am I doing wrong? I've even added the old Helper to my tool bar
with the same results..

thanks for help