Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
grover

Default Mailmerge asks for table whne setting up lables....

Many thanks for the reply! I can now produce lables, but I have one
more question if I may...

I added a column to the spreadsheet, "bad Address", but it doesn't
show up as part of the selection criteria. All the other columns are
there....... Environment is all Office 2003.

Thanks again.

On Sun, 23 Apr 2006 16:17:04 +0100, "Peter Jamieson"
wrote:

I loaded Word 2003

Your best bet, particularly if you were using Word 2000 or earlier is to
check Word Tools|Options|General|"Confirm conversion at open" and reconnect,
selecting the DDE option when offered (you will only see the last sheet you
had open). It's also useful to enable the Mailmerge toolbar, e.g. in
Tools|Customize|Toolbars, because it doesn't appear/disappear automatically
like the old one in Word 2000/97 etc.

The dialog box with the "equal to, or blank, or non blank, etc." options is
the query options dialog which you can get to using the 3rd button down in
the /old/ Mail Merge Helper. In Word 2003 you can use the "Mailmerge
recipients" button on the Mailmerge toolbar, then either select the records
in there, or click the top of one of the columns and choose the
"Advanced..." option to get the dialog. Or, you can go into
Tools|Customize|Commands, select category All Commands, locate the
MailMergeQueryOptions command in the right hand column and drag it to a
toolbar (such as the mailmerge toolbar)

Peter Jamieson

b. i

grover wrote in message ...
After a crash, I loaded Word 2003.

I do a yearly mailing, with the data contained in an Excel workbook. I
used to be able to set up the lable, pint to the data source
spreadsheet, and get a form where I could select, for different
fields, equal to, or blank, or non blank, etc.

Now, when I "get data" from the spreadsheed, it asks me to select a
"table", and gives me choices - such as alpha$, etc. - none of which
connect to my desired data......

What am I doing wrong? I've even added the old Helper to my tool bar
with the same results..

thanks for help