Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Page numbers, Section Numbering, and the TOC

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...rontMatter.htm (Word 2003
and earlier)
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...atter_2007.htm

And note that your title page *is* page i, and your intro thus begins on
page iii.

http://word.mvps.org

"Gogo12321" wrote in message
I want my table of contents to read

Table of Contents:
Intro i
Heading1 1
Heading2 3

And there are three problems:
1. When making a new section via section break, the section 2 contents
begin
on the next page, but the page numbering begins on the page of the section
break.

2. I cannot make the intro page 'i' as the title page and the table of
contents take up two pages and I can't start page numbering at -2.

3. When I go to section two and change the page numbers to restart in this
section it resets the page number codes for section one even after
de-linking
the sections.

This is a fairly common numbering scheme and it is frustrating it is so
hard
to accomplish!!

Thank for your help!