Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
UBoatCaptain

Default Insert database problem

Hi all,

I am trying to create word documents that pull financial data from an Oracle
database. I used 'insert database' from the database toolbar, refined the
query using MS Query, and then inserted the data as fields. The problem is
that something that I think worked before, doesn't work now. If I hit f9 to
update on a particular machine I get errors "there is not enough memory to
complete this operation" and "Word was unable to open the data source". I get
the same errors ifI try to insert a new query.

What I find most disconcerting about this is that it used to work on the
machine in question, and it still works on 2 other machines I've tried. All
the machines have Office 2003 installed. One machine that works and the one
that doesn't are running XP Pro. The other machine that works is running XP
Tablet Ed.

It would be nice to know why this is happening, but more important to me is
to know whether this method of data access from Word is generally flaky. If
it is, I would welcome any suggestions about a more robust way to pull
financial data into Word from Oracle. At the moment, I don't have confidence
in Word tables with database insertion. 2 out of 3 is not good enough.
--
UBoatCaptain