Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Default How can I make background in Word available? Greyed

Without more detail the only thing I have seen cause the FormatBackground
submenu to be dimmed is if there is no document open - although the
background command would still be active. Also, the rinted Watermark item
will dim if you have a picture selected int the doc.

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"Letti" wrote in message
I am attempting to set up watermarks. Following the directions, I'm unable
to access background in the Format tool. No matter what view I select,
background is greyed out. Any suggestions?