Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SparkyJoe SparkyJoe is offline

Default Remove return codes at end of each line in document

Thank you, Jay Freedman, for your quick and accurate reply. What I did was
search for each pilcrow and replace with nothing. This found and replaced 78
items. I had to reset 27 paragraphs but that was easier than moving the
cursor to each line, pressing the back space key, and then pressing the space
bar. Thanks again.

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...eanWebText.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

SparkyJoe wrote:
After brilliantly replying with a blank post, let me add this: I know
how to DISPLAY or not the return codes @ the end of each line in a
doc as Graham Mayor described. What I want to do is physically, as it
were, REMOVE the codes so that no end-of-line mark exists. You see, I
bring old docs over to MS Word 2007 from older PCs or Macs and those
docs usually have end-of-line marks (paragraph symbols). Having to
REMOVE these one line at a time is tedious and time-wasting. Thus,
I'm looking for a way in MS Word 2007 to actually take these marks
out of existence. Thanks for your help.

"Joe" wrote:

Some how I turned on the document view that shows the return codes
for each line in my document. Cannot remember how to change this
back. Have tried the various Views, but this doesn't help.