GTS

"mnm_nut" wrote in message
I have a form letter set up as a mail merge and one of the mail merge

fields
is a code that I want to use to select an entire "paragraph" to be used in
the letter. Say there are 10 codes to determine 10 different choices of a
paragraph to merge into my standard letter.... any idea if this is

possible -
I'm using Excel (2000) as the data source for the names and addresses and

the
"code" - where would I put the choices of the "paragraphs" that I would

like
to "merge" into my letter. The CODE determines what kind of "thank you

gift"
the people should receive and I want to use one standard letter with a
different paragraph telling them of their gift..... thanks

You would just use embedded IF statements.
{IF CODE = "CODE TYPE 1" "PARAGRAPH ONE GOES HERE" "{IF CODE ="CODE TYPE 2"
"PARAGRAPH TWO GOES HERE" ""}""
Indeed, you can put complete letters in IF statements, not just paragraphs,
so the whole document could be different for each code type...
Graham