Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Headers and footers

Headers and footers are a section property. With some exceptions,* wherever
you want to change the header or footer (and having none is a change), you
must create a separate section (by inserting section breaks).

*Sometimes you can use an IF field to display a header/footer on selected
pages, and StyleRef fields can also be used to achieve varied header/footer
text without a section break.

"fln210" wrote in message
How do I delete a header and footer on select pages of my manual? Each
time I
try to delete on a specific page it deletes ALL of my headers/footers!