Deborah Poe

As an alumni of Microsoft, I'm not clear on how this tone or response is
conducive to a customer focused response. In any case, the directions I
followed were those in Microsoft Word 's Help. Then I went to various MVP
sites but hadn't located this one. Thank you for the link. I will try this
and see if it works. Kind regards, Deborah Poe

"Daiya Mitchell" wrote:

No one knows what directions you followed and thus can't have a clue whether
you did anything wrong, but here's how to do what you want:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...rontMatter.htm

You need to use the icons on the header/footer toolbar to turn off "same as
previous," or unlink the headers.

You may also find clarifying information at:
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HeaderFooter.htm

On 5/5/05 7:49 AM, "deborah poe" wrote:

I have a document with three different sections (a thesis
manuscript for a colleauge).

The first section has two pages, neither of which should
have pagination. The section section has three pages that
should be labeled from roman numeral ii (iii and iv). The
third section should begin with arabic number 1.

I am able to insert section breaks, and to insert headers
for the three sections. However, the first and third
section are linked somehow. No matter what I do, I can't
remove pagination from the first section. For example the
first and third section both have page 1 on them.

According to every Web site/troubleshooting site for MS
Word, this should not be happening due to directions I
followed. I even created a new document with placeholder
text. The same problem.

Can you advise? I am working on a deadline for Friday May
6th.

Kind regards,
Deborah Poe )

--