Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Saving Word Perfect Docs

If you have the appropriate filter you can save Word in any format you want.
If you want to use a filename extension that is not offered by default (the
defaults are set in the Windows registry) then you simply surround the
required filename in quotes. Note that as Word and WordPerfect use entirely
different file structures, formatting of the converted document may not turn
out as you expect.

The old WP converter linked from the downloads page of my web site will
allow documents to be saved in WP format.

Tcordaro wrote:
No im sorry . I have a word doc i want to save as a wpd file.

"Richard O. Neville" wrote:

Open the WordPerfect document. Go to File-Save As, or press the F12
key. In the menu that opens, select "Word document" in the "Save as
type" drop-down box. Give it a new name if you wish, and select the
folder into which you want to save it.

"Tcordaro" wrote in message
Is there any way you can save Word Perfect docs using word 2003. the
extension is *.wpd . Thanks any help would be great