Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Saving a Word 2003 document as Word 2000

Word from version 97 to 2003 all share the same document format. Word 2007
can also save in this format, though it is not the default. Each new version
of Word introduced some functions that were not compatible with ealier
versions, but the file format is the same.

Frankly the company inviting tenders should have asked for PDF format as
there is no guarantee that any document you send them electronically will be
viewed as it appears on your PC, and if you send them a printed copy, it
wouldn't matter whether you used Word, Word Perfect or Notepad!

As this appears to be causing you some concern, set tools options save
and check the box for disable features introduced after Word 97.

l0islane wrote:
Hi everyone

I have to submit a tender which the company insists must be saved as a
Word 2000 document. I use Word 2003 and I have gone to 'Save As' and
there are many different formats, but not Word 2000. Is there a way
for me to save it as Word 2000 format?

many thanks